HOW WE CAN DO BETTER 1

One of the most sensitive topics for discussion has to be RAPE. As a rape victim, I have also been very sensitive in the past few days having to talk about this topic. Although I'm healed from the trauma and God has helped me forgive the perpetrators and move on, I still find that I'm angry whenever we're talking about rape. It's unfortunate that 8 out of 10 girls have either experienced rape or assault. It's more painful that it is mostly from people they know. I have said time and time again that this generation of parents MUST do better with parenting. Majority of this problem wouldn't have surfaced if parents put equal amount of focus and pressure on both sexes. We have unfortunately trained the boys to hustle and hustle. We've trained them to have their way but we've pressured the girl to be enslaved all in the name of submission. We've trained the girls to develop thick skin. We've trained the girls to accept their "fate" but the boys to fight for their "right" and what they stand for. We've trained the girls that it's their fault if they get raped and this is one of the major reasons most victims can't scream for help when they're being raped. 
My dear Ladies, please put at the back of your mind that the fact that you visit a guy or collect money from him doesn't give him the right to your body. No one has the right to your body except YOU.
Dear parents and intending parents, I hope you see this and train your children equally moving forward. Support the girl child as much as you support the boy child, teach the boy child as much as you teach the girl child, balance your parenting also. Be friends with your parents as much as you're their parent, teacher and leader. 

This is my own 2 cents. Till we meet again, I remain
Ore Sho ✌️

Comments

Popular Posts