FRIDAY FEELING




Hello there!

How're you doing this Friday? Feel free to share your own Friday Feeling in the comment section below 😉. God pass devil 🤣🤣. Been struggling to post this since 6pm. Thank God I'm finally successful 💪

My Friday Feeling isn't what you'd expect 😃😃. I went for a meeting in Lekki today and oh my gosh! I didn't have a good time Kai. My journey was smooth until I got to Berger. The crowd ehn, no be small. Since I was going by public transport I had to take a long walk to the terminal where buses going to Ajah are parked. On getting there, the whole place was clean Ah! I commend the Lagos State government for the sweep they're doing oh but at that instant I wanted to cry. I hadn't been on the mainland for months now so I really didn't know that "terminus" had been cleared. Anyways I sha crossed the bridge to Berger express, which by the way is usually tiring because it's a long walk. I was at the bus stop for a good amount of time before a Jeep parked in front of me. The driver was "loading" Lekki/Ajah and with so much excitement I jumped to the front seat. I asked him how much but for some reason I heard 500 naira. "Oh well, it's not so bad", so I thought but he clarified later that the fare is 700 naira. Ha! Gbege! Transport fare increased from 300 naira to 700 naira Nawa o! Baba parked his jeep o…. He wasn't going to move if he didn't have full passengers… omo na so I waka comot.

After a while I was lucky to get a car to Victoria Island and that one was charging 500 naira. Seeing as this particular driver wasn't going to wait in the bus stop like the first one, I hopped into the car. I was running late for my meeting by this time so I couldn't take chances

Thirty minutes into the journey, the driver began to ask each passenger (3 of us - 1 in front and 2 at the back seat) for the exact place they intend alight and when it got to my turn, he didn't know the name of the bus stop I called (Check Point). He asked for clarification and I gave explanation, using Law School as reference….. naso baba com talk say he go drop me for Falomo be that. Now, for those who don't know Lagos very well, the distance between those two bus stops is not a small one. There's a bridge in between those two bus stops and there's no way in the world I'll agree with him, especially after charging me more than twice the original amount. I expressed my displeasure with it and added that I was a rip off and if he knew he wasn't going to VI he should have informed me before I boarded. I was more pained because I left the car going to my exact location to join his car just because it seemed I'd get to my destination quicker with him. We were arguing for about 5 minutes. Then the man made a statement "I think you're educated. You look sound but I'm surprised…..". Ei God! The screws in my head began to loosen. How dare you question my intelligence. I was really pissed. Turns out he was actually going to pass Check Point but because he didn't know the bus stop as he works with one of the ride hailing apps and he's not conversant with names of bus stops he didn't know where I was going. I was also too upset to calmly explain.

I arrived my destination in 1 piece, although almost 2 hours late for my meeting. Good thing is I kept updating the person I was going to meet. He apologized when he dropped me off and that really helped me cool off.

This Friday Feeling was 😏. However I learnt that one shouldn't be quick to react. I also learnt to be careful of my choice of words. I was upset because he said "I look educated" although he didn't mean it in a derogatory manner but at the time it seemed derogatory to me.

Share with me your own Friday Feeling and let's talk about it 😉.

Till we meet again, I remain Ore Sho 😘



Comments

  1. Did you have a good, bad or just there Friday? Let's talk about it here. No hard feelings and no judgements

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts