The Little Voice In My Head


Sometimes, I feel like a lantern. I shine light for everyone around me to see but underneath me is as dark as night.

I often feel too clustered to think straight and know what I really want from life. I have placed certain expectations on myself and now I have difficulty putting myself together for myself. It's super easy to put myself together for others but when it comes to myself, na there wahala go come dey. Lagos sef no com help matters because there are too many stupid and daft people that will cross your path and frustrate the tiny bit of sanity you have left. Do I have a witness or am I speaking "bangdadadang?"

I went through a very rough patch in my life - nothing was working, my faith was shaking, I was in so much debt, I was tired and frustrated (I really do not want to use the word depressed). I began to wonder why adulthood hit me so badly that I became so confused, oppressed, rejected, frustrated and broke....... I almost let go but I'm grateful for my friends cum sisters who were there when the road was rough. Although I never considered suicide as an option during this time (I had tried it a long time ago and it didn't work so I gave up) I just wished so many things were, while others weren't. I finally took the bold step to seek counselling. It feels good to be on the other side of the chair. God himself was with me each step of the way, He still is and I'm grateful for the life that I'm currently living.

Till we meet again next time, I remain
Ore Sho 😘😘

Cheers ✌✌

Comments

Popular Posts