My Lagos Diary - EPISODE 6

****EPISODE SIX****
The Drunk Passenger


Wetin pesin no go see for this Lagos sef? Despite their hustling and bustling back and forth daily you can’t help but notice all the shenanigans and bizarre things happening here and there. Whilst I was tossing my head back and forth inside danfo in between naps I was rudely interrupted by the hoarse laughter of the men sitting at the back seat. I was curious to know the reason for the loud laughter as everyone except me had joined in the obvious joke. Then I followed the conversation closely from the side of the window where I sat and there I saw, ahead of us, a policeman riding a motorbike. His passenger was a dapper looking young dude who looked like his spirit and soul has left his body and had already reached cloud nine. Uncle kept shifting sideways and his when our bus got close enough I could see that he was completely oblivious of where he was or what as happening around him. The laughter became louder in our bus and different people started sharing their thoughts on why a handsome young man, possibly between the age bracket of 27-35 would be so stoned. Some said he could have been depressed or frustrated at something and immediately another man said frustration is not enough reason to get so stoned that you can’t even find your way home alone………  I guess this man has never really experienced frustration and depression before. One man even said if he was the policeman he wouldn’t have helped him, rather hell throw him into the mud and slap him multiple times for him to regain consciousness…….  How mean.  Everyone in the bus came to the agreement that the policeman is nice and has the fear of God especially as they saw him struggling to control the bike because of his passenger’s imbalance. A man went as far as poking his head out of the window to give kudos to the policeman, thank him for his kind heart and also pleaded to him to ensure the guy gets home safely. We all know what would have happened if the policeman didn’t help him. Me sha I alighted when I got to my bus stop…. My shower and bed were already calling me anyway and ijafara lewu (Delay is dangerous) #MyLagosDiary #LagosNaWa

Comments

Popular Posts