A Thousand Reasons To Smile




A THOUSAND REASONS TO SMILE

***** EPISODE ONE *****

"Oh my God, I think she just moved her legs", said a lady. Yes, I was sure that was a lady's voice. It wasn't clear enough but I was certain that shaky, tiny voice belonged to a lady, probably in her twenties. Then again I heard clapping and wailing and siren from a distance, accompanied with blaring sounds of different car horns. I realized the bed felt coarse and cold and hard. I opened my eyes and saw about a million people looking down at me. I was startled, there seemed to be four of every individual and that scared the life out of me. These people were too many to fit into my tiny room. " how did they manage to get in in the first place?" By now, my vision was getting clearer but the lighting seemed to bright. It felt like these people were playing tricks on me because at this time I could vividly see just one version of each person. "Where did the remaining three vanish to"? "Oh! Shoot! If they're in my room then it means they broke in and if they broke in then they came to steal......" My thoughts were interrupted with the loud bang I felt in front of my head. "Jeez! How are people so mean? They didn't even consider that I'm a young girl. He kept hitting my head with a club, or maybe a pestle. Shoot! How am I even still alive and how isn't there blood everywhere?" I tried to get up but I felt heavy. It was as if I had been glued to the bed. I opened my eyes again and realized I wasn't in my tiny, cozy apartment. I was on the floor. It was then it became clear to me what was happening. What I was doing on the floor, on the streets of Lagos was still a shock to me. Two men helped me sit up and seek g my face they told me not to be afraid. I tried to ask them how I got there and how the people saw me but I had lost my voice. My head was still banging. Damn! If someone actually hit my head with a club I would have preferred it because by now I would have passed out.

Comments

Popular Posts