Letters To Twenty Somethings - Part 10

Dear Twenty Somethings,
I sincerely apologize for not posting for so long. I was going through a rough patch in my life and I needed to be strong for myself first..... You know you can't give what you don't have. I don't like to be the person that removes the speck from other people's eyes without first removing hers.

Anyway, I'm getting used to it already and with time I believe I'll certainly heal completely. In the mean time, let me quickly drop a few words of comfort here before the hustle and bustle of Lagos disallow me from having enough time to post.

Everyone has a strength, find yours and use it wisely. That you suck at something does not mean you are useless. Find that thing you are good at (I mean.... There's got to be something you're good at) and do it with all your might.

I once worked at a place where I repeatedly made silly mistakes. I hated myself for it, different people gossiped and said all sorts of things about me (mostly behind my back). Some people believed in me and told me repeatedly that no one is above mistake and sooner than I can imagine I'll get a hang of it. Some others just loved to watch me make those mistakes so they could taunt me. Some others however enjoyed that I was making these mistakes and would stop at nothing to make my life miserable.... Even go as far as telling the MD that "I do not know my job". The MD wanted to believe in me but was getting report from my haters and hence concluded that I was useless. Day after day I cried, I prayed, I promised myself not to make mistakes again. What kept me going was the 5% that actually, sincerely believed in me. These people took their time to counsel me, motivate me and even pray with and for me.

Did I die? Certainly Not
Have I moved on? Hell yeah
Have I found my happy place now? Definitely

Sometimes you need to look past all the negativity around you, fix your gaze on your goals and work hard irrespective of your current situation to be your best.

I was able to pull through, although I left the place, I later realized that even if I didn't make so many mistakes there I wouldn't have thrived there anyway. That place was only a training ground and I'm glad I went through with that training as it has helped me become even more dogged and resilient. In my new place of work, I happen to be the more preferred in my department.

REMINDER:
You're not good for nothing
You're not dumb
You're not useless

Till we meet again soon, I remain Ore Sho 😘

Please share and tell others about this page. I love y'all

Comments

Popular Posts