My Lagos Diary - Episode 7


****EPISODE SEVEN****
Pests Who Wouldn’t Let You Be
Hey! Welcome to another episode of MY LAGOS DIARY. I'm sure you'll be wondering where I've been all this while. Well, a girl's gotta hustle. Anyways, this is where you get undiluted gist about Lagos and the excitements, problems and everything that comes with it FROM MY OWN PERSPECTIVE. You remember the experience I shared in the previous episode (please read the previous post if you haven’t) yeah? That night didn’t end with me alighting at my bus stop o. As soon as I alighted and was looking for bikes, there came this young man coming towards my direction. I started moving faster, holding my bags closely, just in case ……. You know na. Then he hastened his steps to catch up with me and as soon as he was beside me he said hello. I reluctantly replied him, and just as I thought, bros wanted to continue conversation. He asked if I was coming from work, wanted to know if I was a “full time worker” or if I was a student, wanted to know too much within the space of 10 seconds. As you would have imagined, I kept on rolling my eyes and making faces while responding to his unending questions because I didn’t want to be rude and snub him. He told me his name and I told him mine, which I actually had to repeat a gazillion times before he heard me. I told him I was exhausted and didn’t have enough strength for chit chat, uncle no gree o.. he said he’s exhausted as well but would like to meet me. Where he now shot himself in the leg was when he said he said he wanted to be friends with me….. eewo! Me that I don’t joke with friendship. There and then I told him you can’t be friends with someone you just met and before you qualify to have that FRIEND title, you must have earned it. Yes, with me you’ve gotta earn your friendship. I am very particular with who I allow into my inner circle, so you can’t just assume that in 10 seconds you are now my friend. Now, that was my cue, I immediately bade him goodbye and started walking faster. He ran after me and was trying to convince me that we could build “our friendship” yen yen yen ……. I just politely said bye and left him alone.
People can just be funny sometimes, me that was knackered and couldn’t wait to get home, you’re now telling me story of how the ant killed the crocodile and was awarded by the porcupine mtcheeew. #MyLagosDiary #LagosNawa

Comments

Popular Posts