My Valentine's Day Experience


I woke up to several text messages and broadcast messages from people wishing me Happy Valentine's day but the one that caught my attention was the one that was captioned, "TO THE WOMAN OF MY DREAMS, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY". I paused after seeing it, my heart beating 10 times faster I looked again at the number that sent me this message. I wasn't mistaken, it was Joshua my best friend since childhood. Or was it a mistake, did he plan to send it to this new girl he'd been telling me about for the past 6 months now. He said he'd known her for a little longer but didn't have the nerve to approach her. I even went as far as telling him to allow me talk to her on his behalf but he said he was shy and scared that she might turn him down. Oh! Maybe he sent it to me to help him peruse it for spelling checks, grammatical structure and all because he knows that I'm a grammarian.

Before I could gather my thoughts together another text came in and read, " DON'T THINK IT'S A MISTAKE. YOU, SADE ARE THE WOMAN OF MY DREAMS........ PLEASE STEP OUT I HAVE A SURPRISE FOR YOU." What surprise could he have for me at past 6 in the morning, I wondered. Without delay I wore my slippers and went outside. Guess who I saw at my gate with a bouquet a flowers, it was my big headed bestie. I was shocked. Was I the mystery girl whose heart he'd been trying to win all along? He didn't seem very coordinated when he saw me but he tried to comport himself. He finally set my heart at ease when he told me he'd been nursing the feelings for 5 years now but couldn't gather the courage to tell me because I had never looked at him in the respect and since I am very blunt I was likely to turn him down immediately. To cut the long story short, I jumped at him and hugged him tightly. I had feelings for him when we were in secondary school but I soon discarded that feelings when I thought he only saw me as a friend. I forgot about the feeling when Mubarak, the son of the commissioner for health joined our school and showed interest in me. Anyways, back to present he gave me the flowers and whispered, "in the infinity of your eyes I found a peaceful silence in my heart. The good things in life are better with you." He pulled away from me slightly to look into my eyes and told me..... I LOVE YOU Omosade, only you have the keys to my heart and no one else can open it. Please be my wife. He brought out a ring and slid it on my finger. My joy knew no bounds, I jumped at him and kissed his forehead.

It was the best Valentine I had so far........

...........................................................
What's your Valentine day experience

#TalkToOreSho

Comments

Popular Posts