THE CANCEROUS TUMOR THAT DESTROYS THE SOUL - REVENGE



Hi beautiful people hehehehe I'm back again..... Now, I'm becoming more unreliable than our politicians 🤦. Make una no vex mbok.

Today I'm going to be writing about a rather interesting topic that was inspired by Game of Thrones season 8. I watched it for the first time yesterday (yeah yeah... didn't watch it when it came out). Anyway, back to the matter 😁, today I'll be writing about revenge. A long time ago (not that I'm that old o 🙄) I read a book written by errrrm I think John C. Maxwell (not sure now). He wrote, "A revenge is like biting a dog because the dog has bitten you". Mehn that sunk really deep into my mind. I have once been chased by a dog.... you know those dogs that they've cut their tail yeah and they become ruthless.... Na that one chase me. I knew the dog and the dog knew me but it was a bad time. He was grieved because it's owner died and although the owner didn't die in Lagos the dog was grieving and crying and barking continuously for 3 days. It wasn't particularly friendly and I happened to pass by and it chased me till I entered my compound then it went back. I legit almost died that day. Now let's imagine the dog bit me. Would it have made any sense for me to bite the dog back? NO! Exactly, so you can see that revenge is pointless.

I understand that some people hurt you so badly and you want them to feel the way you felt when they hurt you but to what end? Will that satisfaction undo what has been done to you? I know at this point you're hissing and you're about to press back because you think this is all bullshit, it is easier said than done etc but please read a little further after all we learn everyday.
in GOT season 8, Daenerys Targaryen hated Cersie for all she had done and how she has mistreated people but more importantly because she (Cersie) was sitting on the throne she (Daenerys) "thought" belonged to her (Daenerys). To now make matters worse, Cersie killed one of her dragons. Was Daenerys justified, Yes.... Cersie was the devil so it was only fair that she got paid back in her own coin. However, on the day of battle the revenge consumed Daenerys such that she killed everyone fighting for Cersie forgetting that majority of the soldiers were acting based on instruction and they hated Cersie as much as Daenerys did. Also, she killed innocent citizens both young and old who were merely trying to survive, she killed thousands and ruined Kings Landing. When she had done that, the thirst for power became more and she wanted to rule over the whole world because she thought she was unstoppable, and of course, she was going to kill anyone that stood in her way.


Revenge starts from hatred which stems from unforgiveness and bitterness. The Bible quotes, "Vengeance is mine, says the Lord". If you avenge for yourself you are likely to harm many more innocent people. The bitterness in your heart will eat you up and will make you make rash decisions until you have brought your enemy down totally. Sometimes, you even want that enemy to see that you now have power so you overuse the power you have. My Pastor once said that "Bitterness is cancer of the soul. It eats you up till it finally destroys you". After watching GOT I realized that many people that resolve to vengeance do so because they're bitter - Arya Stark, Cersie, The Hound, The Imp, Tywin Lannister, Daenerys Targaryen, Grey Worm, Lord Baelish, Catlyn Stark's sister (I don't remember her name) etc..... When you harbor bitterness and you nurture it, it becomes unforgiveness, then leads to hatred which now results in revenge.


"REVENGE IS LIKE A BOX OF CHOCOLATE, YOU TASTE IT ONCE AND YOU'LL ALWAYS WANT SOME MORE. 
IT'S VERY ADDICTIVE ESPECIALLY IF POWER IS YOUR MOTIVATION. IF YOU LET IT CONSUME YOU, IT WILL BE THE CAUSE OF YOUR DEATH" - Ore SHO 2020

How many people have to die or lose their jobs, or mourn, or become heartbroken or suffer before your revenge is served. The worst part of it is the moment you revenge like this, a part of you has changed. You begin to develop trust issues, you become power hungry, your psycologically impaired, you can barely open your heart to love and then you most of the time end up becoming the people you hated and wanted to destroy.


If you're holding any grievances against anyone I encourage you to let it go. It may be hard but if you ask the Holy Spirit He'll help you. Forgive them, pray for them, bless them and buy them gifts so that you can easily forgive them. Kenneth Hagin wrote in his book, Love - The Way To Victory that one of the benefits of walking in the God kind of love is divine health. Free your heart today and love your enemies, pray for those that hurt you and your life.


Kindly share, like and comment if you enjoyed this read. If you have contrary opinions kindly share in the comment section so we can discuss. LOVE YAH!!!

Comments

Popular Posts