My Lagos Diary - Episode 4


****EPISODE FOUR****
Silly Guys Who Just Want To Catch Trips
So, this day, as usual I closed late from work and by the time I got to Berger motorcycles were scarce. I finally found one that was going my way and I boarded it together with another passenger. Everything was going well until bros decided to get on my nerves. He said hi and I replied him sharply and then he felt he had struck a conversation *eye rolling*. He asked further where I was going and I told him I’ll alight at the last bus stop. He didn’t stop there and this was beginning to piss me off as I was already exhausted from the day’s work. He asked if I lived there….. “I’m not sure what business of yours it is where I live”…… that was what I was going to reply but the courteous girl in me just smiled simply and said Yes and after that I was deaf to everything he was saying. All I wanted was to get home, take a shower and retire to my medium sized bed. I was knocked back to life when the bikeman announced that he just had a flat tyre. Eewo! Flat tyre bawo….. My village people are certainly after me this night. We had to park somewhere under the bridge, it had rained earlier and the floor was all messed up. The bike man collected half the fare, got my fellow passenger on another bike but I told him I’ll be okay. I walked for a while but didn’t get bike, I started regretting that I wasn’t patient enough for the bikeman to get me my own bike. I walked gently on the muddy ground till I got to the tarred road where a good Samaritan offered to give me a lift to the nearest bus stop.

At the bus stop, I got into a tricycle and met another pest who found me fascinating enough to disturb me and cajole me into getting my phone number, cracking dry jokes that only him laughed at. The police at the final checkpoint before my final bus stop came to the rescue when they asked the tricycle driver to pull over and they searched the guys in the tricycle. As soon as the driver turned on the ignition and we were free to go, he tried his luck again and this time I just played dumb. His bus stop was just the next and I was grateful to God for that. I’d had too much drama for one night. Perhaps the cream I used, or the soap or perfume is what attracted these people to me I’m not sure. Finally, just as I had wished, I got home, took a shower and went to bed, but not before relaying my ordeal to my family. #LagosNaWa #MyLagosDiary

Comments

Popular Posts