LETTERS TO TWENTY SOMETHING S- PART 4 (Relationship Issues)



Dear Twenty Somethings,

I want to believe that we had a fantastic weekend last week considering that it was a long one, I mean, weekend started from Thursday and ended on Monday. What a wawu!

ERM...... I have a serious question for you guys. What's your take on parent's interference in their children's relationship and choice of future partner?

Please read below the fate of a fellow Twenty Something. What would you advice?

"I've been at a crossroad for a couple of months now. My mum doesn't see a future with me and my boyfriend of 6 years mainly because he's Igbo. Her reason being that, "Igbo's are VERY terrible people and God forbid your husband dies, they're barbaric culture makes them even worse". Then again she told me she gave his name to two different prophets and they both said there's no hope. I am hurt, I'm torn between two worlds - just following my heart and damning the consequences OR obey my parents and back out (especially as I'm the only girl). I am confused, I am brokenhearted. I don't even know how to tell him now that my mum is doing everything in her power to break  us apart (and yes! I mean everything including prayer and fasting). He's my world, I see my future in him. As a matter of fact, I think that if I end up with someone else I'm likely to cheat on the someone else with him (that's if he allows it though).

What do I do?"

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why did you remove the comment? 😏 You actually gave a valid point

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts